Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pan Mee

Pan Mee (direct translation: plank noodles) is a kind of noodle where you use flour and water (instead of eggs) to make the dough. For the soup, which I cooked the noodles in, the ingredients are pretty simple: dried anchovies, ginger, salt, pepper and green leafy veges, preferably sauropus aka sweet leaf bush. I made this the other day and I loved it! It was so much fun making it because I didn't have all the tools at hand at that time to make the noodles and I had to use my creativity by pinching them into the desired shapes with my fingers..haha. Yes, it's a lot of work but at the end of the day, it's all worth it!


I didn't have any sauropus, I substituted it with choy sum.


Hand-made noodles, literally.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo Delicious. What a lovely dish. The noodles look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy Pheebs :)
    Good to see you have a good time.

    Have fun:)

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how to make me hungry.

    Why do I smile when I see the words up in your header, Smelly But Lovely? Is there a story behind them that I should know about?

    donna

    ReplyDelete